Sunday, December 5, 2010

Livingston and Albert


Yes, I know. Long time no see. ひさしぶり。(he-sah-she-boo-ree: as the Japanese would say). I'm glad I'm in Japan and y'all can't storm my castle with pitchforks and torches out of anger. I'm here now though, right? And that's all that matters. In fact, I bet all the suspense of waiting every day for an awesome post from me has really added up to this nice drama filled moment when you're about to find out who the killer is in a scary movie. I've actually done you a favor so be thankful all. 

Well, you may ask, what have I been up to in the last few weeks of internet missing in action. 
And let me first just quell your fears, I was not kidnapped by Somalian pirates. 
The real answer is....
....
...
(imagine Hitchcock worthy music)
...
MUSTACHES! 

No I have not morphed into a mustache. That would be cool, but I'm guessing painful. (Also typing would be difficult.) The other day, Kiah and I decided to adventure together into the unknown. So, we met up on a lovely Tuesday(we had another day off from school) and headed over to Koishikawa Korakuen, a famous landscape garden here in Tokyo. (Landscape gardens are all the rage, they have areas that are created to look like the landscapes from other areas, this one focuses on Japan and China, so it had rice fields, lakes, little orchard like things..)

Well, as we were wandering through the park, my roomie made me close my eyes. I did, albeit reluctantly. I stood rigid with anticipation. As she started cracking up, my level up nervousness increased exponentially.  She had me open my eyes, and BAM, she was sporting a mustache. 

She pulled one out for me, and then next thing I knew, we were Albert and Livingston (the latter being me). 

sexy, eh? 

Classy with the koyo in the back.

The park itself was gorgeous. I enjoyed the koyo a lot. But the real fun was not in watching the colors, but in watching the Japanese faces as they realized we were wearing mustaches. We had people take our pictures, tell us we were cute, one guy even said, "Beautiful girls!" but in a Japanese accent and he totally meant it. It was a great conversation starter, most everyone walked away from us laughing and smiling. It was almost like an Improv anywhere scene. It was great, and we couldn't wait to do it again. 

Literally, we couldn't. Well, I couldn't. About 2 minutes after leaving the park and taking the staches off (they were itchy!), we found a lion, and we had to pose. 


We then proceeded to wander down a random street, and low and behold, Tokyo Dome! We're pretty sure there was a baseball game that day. It was fun just wandering around the shops and the rides.

Jump Shop! 

While wandering around Tokyo Dome, we found a place to sit by pedo bears (I'm sorry but Kiah has the pictures) and we (meaning really I) donned our staches (stache..) again. We were in a high traffic zone and it was just absolutely hilarious. We even got hit on by this one really shy Japanese boy from Yokohama who owns a camera company. Kiah and I were "waiting for our boyfriends"...my stache is definitely a head turner. 


Next thing we knew, it was sadly time to head home. So we walked into the train station, when low and behold, the perfect opportunity to manage some mischief! 

Muhahah


Sadly, we didn't leave them there. We wanted to keep our staches for ourselves. 

The day was hilarious and full of fun. It was a great adventure with Albert. 


2 comments:

  1. your hair looks really red in these photos. also, that lion looks very japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear livingston, this post is a fine piece of work, if i do say so myself. and i do.
    <3

    ReplyDelete